|We can all see it, feel it, experience it – the climate changes are affecting us all. Regardless of where we reside, more frequent and higher levels of precipitation is something we have to get used to. And handle. With heavy rains and storms causing severe problems in urban areas, we at Wapro, have taken on the commitment to protect individuals as well as communities from sewage and stormwater flooding.
Led by Pontus Magnusson, our Product Innovation team of engineers at Wapro have worked hard to design a flow regulator that is infinately more efficient than the common vortext design, and over and above that, have designed the WaReg® to enable asset owners to adapt flow rates post-installation. All with an ambition to provide the best solution to keep people and property safe.
We know most municipalities are dealing with reduced maintenance budgets. This increases the need for products with lower maintenance requirements. Building this into our design we have constructed the WaReg® with a constant open outflow area reducing blockages.
By utilizing the retained water levels, we are able to ensure a constant flow rate through the WaReg Flow Regulator. Using this method of regulation we minimize the need for a head of water, thereby reducing the requirements for civil construction. WaReg® therefore reduces the overall cost of a flood mitigation project.
ADVANTAGES WITH WAREG
• Automatic flow control in gravity fed networks to minimise the risk of overloading.
• Autonomous – flow is regulated by the WaReg Mechanism
• Lower risk of blockage and obstructions compared to vortext chamber
• Easy to install, even in existing systems
• Uncomplicated and easy maintenance
• Precise flow through gravity fed systems
• Exact flow
• Completely uninhibited flow area
• Adjustable flow rate post-installation